Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Here's a back to school website for you...http://www.collegeboard.com/student/plan/. It has a number of good articles to get you started thinking about school, the future, and college! Let me know which article you think is the most helpful!
Friday, August 01, 2008
In July 2006, the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) began implementing a seamless statewide transfer and articulation system required by legislation.
The Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center (PA TRAC) was created as a one-stop shop for transfer students, administrators and advisors/faculty. The web address for PA TRAC is www.patrac.org.
The site contains the following information:
- Information about the 30 hours of foundation courses (referred to as the 30 credit transfer framework);
- Transfer course equivalencies;
- College profiles for the participating institutions;
- Searchable databases such as Search by Institution and Search by Course; and
- Planning for Transfer Guidance.
Transfer Credit Framework
Students who successfully complete courses from the approved transfer credit framework will have their credits transferred and counted towards graduation at any of the participating colleges and universities. The transfer credit framework goes into effect for students matriculating Fall 2008.
(Information released by the Registrar, Clarion University)